View Single Post
retsam
Veteran Member
Old 05-06-2009 , 01:49   Re: [TF2] Kill-Streak Orgasms 1.0.6
Reply With Quote #6

Great plugin man. I was just testing it and I think im gonna put it on all my tf2 servers. Anyways...awesome work.

I did have one question. I didnt like a couple of the sound files used and im changing a couple around. Those vo/ files under case1 case2 etc, are those played in order or random? It looks like its random after looking at it.

Also you might consider adding more cases. I like the "crazed killer and maniac" sound files. (announcer_am_killstreak10.wav & announcer_am_killstreak11.wav respectively) I already added 2 more cases to the one im gonna put on my server. I just didnt think 4 was enough.

EDIT: I have a few ideas for ya.

1)
I did have one idea, which maybe others can chime in on. What if you made the sound files play in order instead of random? Kinda like the quake plugin? Im not sure which is the better idea.

2) The other idea related to above is, instead of making it completely random, or very linear, how bout doing it in stages? In other words, for the first kill streak msg, it plays a random of 2 specified files. Second stage, random of another 2 files, third another 2, etc... It would be cool to have the crazed killer and maniac as part of like 5 kill streak messages or maybe 4 I dont know.

3) If you didnt want to do the above in like stages like that, can you just make it so after like 4 or 5 kill streak messages, it then starts playing maniac and crazed killer sounds/msg's? Something to consider. It would be nice to have some unique sound that isnt part of the normal randoms when you get high enough you know? Something to work to?

4) Firstblood? While, I realize this is approaching similarity to quake sounds plugin, there are first blood sound files as well. Try these out (announcer_am_firstblood01.wav,announcer_am_f irstblood02.wav)
You could have it emit a sound from the player for whoever gets the first kill each round.

5) Lastly.....if you wanted to get crazy with this, ive been dabbling a bit in attaching particles to players in one of my own plugins lately. If you did consider doing like, the maniac/crazied killer idea for the super streak messages, you could attach a "fireworks" particle that emits from the players feet when they hit the "crazyd killer or maniac" streak.... Just an idea I had. Its a pretty cool particle. Its the one when you get an achievement, but its just the little fireworks effects.

Anyhow, just some ideas. Maybe you will like a few.

Last edited by retsam; 05-06-2009 at 02:42.