View Single Post
Milo|
Old 04-21-2009 , 06:17   Re: Extended Map configs
Reply With Quote #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by rautamiekka View Post
You say that server.cfg is loaded on each mapchange. That's not true, instead autoexec.cfg is executed on each mapchange. Add exec server.cfg to the very top of autoexec and it's executed on each mapchange. Also, this way you just have to edit either of the files on-the-fly(, upload the file) and exec autoexec.cfg to make the changes apply.
No you definitely got this wrong, it's the other way around. the server.cfg gets reloaded every mapchange (or whichever file you put in the servercfgfile cvar, but by default this is "server.cfg").

Autoexec.cfg is for initial setup, and only runs once.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cie_crim View Post
hi everybody ,
third : i'm trying to pute this plug in an insurgency serveur but it doesn't work correctly, when i change the map the map's config file are not loaded and the CVARs are not modified but when in the same map i reload the plugin the map's config file load correctly and the CVARs change...
so i have to reload the plugin at every map change or i have to do other think to the plugins load automatiquely?
Sounds like an insurgency problem to me. I dont have an insurgency server to test on atm, but i guess it doesn't kick off the right sourcemod stuff at mapchange. Insurgency has a bit of a bad reputation among sourcemod plugin devs mostly for not following the normal practises i believe, so this wouldnt suprise me.

I suppose you could put something like:

Code:
sm plugins reload extendedmapconfig
in your server.cfg to force the plugin to reload every mapchange.