View Single Post
micazoid
Veteran Member
Old 04-12-2018 , 12:55   Re: Say Sounds (including Hybrid Edition) (4.0.8)
Reply With Quote #1270

Quote:
Originally Posted by turtlecool View Post
I have hit a little snag.. I can't get my sounds to work. I get this readout in the game console:
Code:
Failed to load sound "tf\sound\medic_hat_taunts01.wav", file probably missing from disk/repository
In my saysounds config I have this:
Code:
"Your hat sucks"
	{
	"file"	"tf\sound\medic_hat_taunts01.wav"
	}
I'm not 100% sure where i'm supposed to put the sound files, but what I have gathered from other people is there should be a sound folder in the server's tf folder? I did not have it so I made one.

I have the "SM File/Folder Downloader and Precacher" as robotortoise has told others.
little help?
As far as I remember you have to replace \ with / and your path is wrong. Delete tf/ so config should look like:

Code:
"Your hat sucks"
	{
	"file"	"sound/medic_hat_taunts01.wav"
	}
Also: Do not let your player download wav files, it is just annoying to download tons of MBs for just saysounds. Try mp3 instead

Regarding your extensionsproblem:
AFAIK the extensions shipped with sourcemod should run. Try a newer snapshot of SM and see if that does the trick. Also google, what "error code 0000007e" means. I had a similar problem on linux ages ago the solution was to give permissions and to install a - lets call it - driverpackage for mysql