Thread: [Solved] Add XP/skill to players name
View Single Post
deprale
Old 01-18-2019 , 13:26   Re: Can't figure this out :)
Reply With Quote #17

I tried using float as well.
I'm gonna try it again anyway, maybe I did something wrong!

(Gonna edit this in a few mins, thanks for the help)

EDIT: It works, huge thanks to everyone who helped me! Thanks for allocating your own free time to lend me a hand!
Shauli's method was overall the easiest to understand, part of it being very simple and compact code, I do appreciate everyone else's input as well as I learned some new things today!

Another small question: How would I go around the fact that it also displays the skill the player has when he types something in the chat? What If I wanted it to be only "visually" active in the scoreboard so it doesn't actually mess with csstats_sql players names?

I had a look at xPaw's "Scoreboard Title" plugin created way back in 2010 and it looked to be possible since he changed just the "hostname" visually, but in fact the original hostname rests the same.

Something similar has already been requested, I've searched for quite a bit the forums and found some leads in "CSPUGmod" and "GATHER PUG" plugins, but the most useful piece of info that I came across This reply from GuskiS suggests that he did succeed in creating something similar, I understood how the code works, but seems like he said that it doesn't work (it leads to nothing), then again another user has posted below that set_user_info actually doesn't change the player's name (which is true), it's only server-side after all, so how come does it affect csstats_sql displaying top15?

2nd EDIT: Apparently some people have [0.00] for some reason. They're always different people on each map change
ALSO: it causes a lot of problems with my database cause for every new namechange it generates a new row

Last edited by deprale; 01-18-2019 at 16:12.