View Single Post
DJEarthQuake
Veteran Member
Old 12-23-2020 , 04:27   Re: Display Damage with Sprite
Reply With Quote #8

One look at video. Amazing!

The packaging and omission of install instructions need attention.
Quote:
FATAL ERROR (shutting down): Mod_NumForName: sprites/P_Reality/Digit_01.spr not found
├── addons
│** └── amxmodx
│** └── scripting
│** └── sprite_damage.sma
└── sprites
├── CritDigit_01.spr
├── CritDigit_02.spr
├── CritDigit_03.spr
├── CritDigit_04.spr
├── CritDigit_05.spr
├── Digit_01.spr
├── Digit_02.spr
├── Digit_03.spr
├── Digit_04.spr
└── Digit_05.spr

4 directories, 11 files

Testers shouldn't have to know code to figure out where the sprites go. Quick glance I thought you were renaming them. Script and package with directory and files that crash servers MUST match.

This can be easily maintained to get rid of double images and de-shackle the cstrike-only modification. Why add support for one bot to ruin it for the majority? Please place a CVAR or something so it senses and adjusts. For future references I suggest at 'minimal' undo stuff that makes matters worse.

Code:
/************  *CHANGE LOG*  ************  * 2020-12-23  spinx  * 1.0 to 1.1 - All mod support, fix double image, stop crash, reorganize package. */ #include <amxmodx> #include <amxmisc> . . .     half_life         = get_cvar_pointer("mp_teamplay"); } public plugin_precache() {     for (new i = 0;i < MAX_DIGIT;i++)     {         formatex(damage_spr[i][0], charsmax(damage_spr[][]), "sprites/sprite_damage/Digit_0%d.spr", i + 1)         if( !file_exists(damage_spr[i][0]))         {             server_print("Check the sprite...%s...halting to prevent crash.",damage_spr[i][0]);             pause( "a" );         }         else         precache_model(damage_spr[i][0])         formatex(damage_spr[i][1], charsmax(damage_spr[][]), "sprites/sprite_damage/CritDigit_0%d.spr", i + 1)         if( !file_exists(damage_spr[i][1]))         {             server_print("Check the sprite...%s...halting to prevent crash.",damage_spr[i][1]);             pause( "d" );         }         else         precache_model(damage_spr[i][1])     } } public plugin_natives()     register_native("make_damage_spr", "native_make_damage_spr", 1) public client_putinserver(id) if (cstrike_running() && !bHamBot && is_user_bot(id))     {         bHamBot = true         set_task(0.1, "Register_HamBot", id)     } public Register_HamBot(id)     RegisterHamFromEntity(Ham_TakeDamage, id, "fw_TakeDamage") . . . public fw_TakeDamage(victim, inflictor, attacker, Float:damage, damagebits) . . .     if(cstrike_running() || !cstrike_running() && get_pcvar_num(half_life))     if (get_user_team(attacker) == get_user_team(victim))         return HAM_IGNORED; . . .

Code:
Check the sprite...sprites/sprite_damage/Digit_01.spr...halting to prevent crash. Check the sprite...sprites/sprite_damage/CritDigit_01.spr...halting to prevent crash. Check the sprite...sprites/sprite_damage/Digit_02.spr...halting to prevent crash. Check the sprite...sprites/sprite_damage/CritDigit_02.spr...halting to prevent crash. Check the sprite...sprites/sprite_damage/Digit_03.spr...halting to prevent crash. Check the sprite...sprites/sprite_damage/CritDigit_03.spr...halting to prevent crash. Check the sprite...sprites/sprite_damage/Digit_04.spr...halting to prevent crash. Check the sprite...sprites/sprite_damage/CritDigit_04.spr...halting to prevent crash. Check the sprite...sprites/sprite_damage/Digit_05.spr...halting to prevent crash. Check the sprite...sprites/sprite_damage/CritDigit_05.spr...halting to prevent crash.

Avoid posting multiple versions when 1 with CVAR for random color option will due and make post less convoluted.

If you did the bulk of this like I suspect you have then you should be working in a gaming factory some place.
Quote:
Originally Posted by isLie View Post
Sprite Damage
[Edit]
Added HamBot Support. (It may causes double damage display if you are using SyPB or other bots that isn't ZBOT.
Added Random Color Cvar
Looking at what we know you did and stated was adding some bot code that ruins a bunch of stuff that was already working? Once corrected and working regularly, I've never seen anything like it.

Add to OP something like this.

INSTRUCTIONS: Extract sprites to sprites/sprite_damage.

├── sprite_damage
│** ├── CritDigit_01.spr
│** ├── CritDigit_02.spr
│** ├── CritDigit_03.spr
│** ├── CritDigit_04.spr
│** ├── CritDigit_05.spr
│** ├── Digit_01.spr
│** ├── Digit_02.spr
│** ├── Digit_03.spr
│** ├── Digit_04.spr
│** └── Digit_05.spr
└── sprite_damage.tar

Hands down best DAMAGE plugin. Thank you.
Attached Files
File Type: sma Get Plugin or Get Source (sprite_damage.sma - 316 views - 9.1 KB)
File Type: tar sprite_damage.tar (910.0 KB, 199 views)