Thread: [Solved] compiler
View Single Post
redivcram
Veteran Member
Old 12-03-2019 , 07:23   Re: compiler
Reply With Quote #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by fysiks View Post
Not all files types are OS-dependent. Compiled plugins (.amxx files) are NOT OS-dependent. For 10 years, I created, edited, and compiled on Windows for use on Linux servers.
No one mentioned .amxx files. You are the first one to do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fysiks View Post
Also, the OP asked explicity for the Windows compiler, later clarifying that he was downloading the Linux package because he is hosting his server on Linux. This does not mean that he was asking for compiling on Linux.
That is not the way I am seeing his messages, unless I am really blind. There was no clarification. He explicitly asked nothing like you claim it to be.

It was assumed at the beginning that he was looking for a compiler for windows, which we all use and assume that most are by default. OP never even mentioned that in his orinigal post. But after informing that he has downloaded a file with an extension that is meant for linux then after being interrogated about it because it was unsure whether he meant to do it, he clearly stated that he was using a VPS on linux, in which he has downloaded the files for in the first place.

In short. The OP never included explicit details about his request in his posts, just details in which we can only assume of his actual request. According to the details I've mentioned, the most precise assumption would be Linux.

Last edited by redivcram; 12-03-2019 at 07:27.