View Single Post
friagram
Veteran Member
Old 05-11-2013 , 17:26   Re: [TF2] Gravestone Markers - Updated 5/11/2013
Reply With Quote #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by snelvuur View Post
i know this might be overkill, but add 4th option in the txt (damage) so in saxton hale for instance, people that die with 0 damage can get a text like "noob did no damage" and above 1000 damage "pro player" or something like that.

Just an idea.
This is beyond the scope of this plugin. There is no real way that this plugin would be able to track damage on its own ... in any reliable manner.

It would be possible to add natives/forwards to allow other plugins to add custom lines and such (so vsh/ff2 or whatever could integrate it's own phrases), but it's not really worth it, as so few people would know how/bother to use them. And even then, the phrases would have to be sent from the other plugin or something, so it would probably just be easier to do some weird custom version of this one, and tweak it to work with your plugin in the way you want it to.

If you want to do something like that, I would suggest ordering the phrases from least to most severe.. and then just rounding their damage to percent done (from the boss) to your threshold, and translating that to an array index (so phrase 0 = they did nothing, and phrase 50 = they are amazing)

Last edited by friagram; 05-11-2013 at 17:29.