View Single Post
Bugsy
AMX Mod X Moderator
Old 02-05-2008 , 20:48   Re: nVault Editor v0.1
Reply With Quote #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by vittu View Post
Is this any better than the nVault Reader? (any advantages)

http://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=49676

Only problem I had with nVault Reader is the search function would not go to the line it searched so you couldn't edit that line, it only displayed it.
Yes thats actually one of the main reasons I decided to put this together -- because of the search not highlighting the found item. I would always search for a key to see if it existed then manually dig through the list looking for it. It also has a few things that the nvault reader does not; play around with it and you will see.

Quote:
Originally Posted by commonbullet View Post
- make a window menu instead of "open", "new", "save", etc buttons
I was actually planning on doing that, as well as having a "Recently Opened files" sub-menu on the open menu.

Quote:
- remove that "minimize" button and use windows default
Will do.

Quote:
- move the timestamp to a column on the table
I didnt give the timestamp a column because I figured no one really looks through vault entries for a timestamp so it wasn't necessary to display with the list item. Are you recommending this simply to save window space or because you think it should be displayed on the list. I could make it display the actual date instead of the epoch number timestamp. What do you think?

Quote:
- make the table column fields for "key" and "value" editable so you won't need those extra text areas.
Unfortunately, the windows control I used (ms listview) does not allow the click-and-editing of subitems; only the left-most column is click-and-editable. There are other similar looking controls that will allow the editing of any block, I will look into them.

Quote:
- post the source code.
Source code is coming soon

I am also going to add drag-and-drop functionality for nvault files.

Thanks.

Last edited by Bugsy; 02-05-2008 at 20:53.