Thread: [ANY] VPN Block
View Single Post
MUN
Old 11-10-2019 , 21:47   Re: [ANY] VPN Block
Reply With Quote #51

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bara View Post
Looks good. Your the owner? If yes, it exists any limitation (requests per hours or so) and what's the update interval for ASN/IP?

I like an output with more informations like proxycheck it does:
Spoiler

Yes, I am the owner of the site. I recently finished building it. So if you do find issues, let me know.

Currently, there are no limitations. I do not plan on adding any for this API ( Y / N ). Results are being cached by Cloudflare for 7 days assuming multiple people hit the same Cloudflare DC. We update our proxy, ASN, and tor data once a day. The ASN service we query for determining which ASN is hosting which IP every 7 days.

I agree with your point of view on a better API that provides more features. I have already been coding this up. I am not sure what I will do with it yet, but I might make it a paid service for this more full-featured API. I plan on making it very reasonable cost-wise, but I haven't determined that yet fully.

The API that I posted with the ( Y / N ) will be free for the life of me hosting it. I do not plan on ever making the API limited in any way for that one beyond having the cache.

The goal of the project is at its heart to provide a:
  • Free
  • Fast
  • Drop-In Replacement
  • Improved with Hosting Providers, Tor Relays, and Open Proxies.

If you think any of this is unfair or in need of a rethink let me know!