View Single Post
Powerlord
AlliedModders Donor
Old 09-19-2011 , 17:09   Re: Error "Couldn't get DLL API" when loading Metamod Source on HLDS for Windows with
Reply With Quote #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeanDedie View Post
Hello,

I tried to install the MM:S addon for Day Of Defeat on the lastest version of HLDS but i have the error "Host_Error: Couldn't get DLL API from ".\dod\addons\metamod\bin\server.dll".

After i have download the "hldsupdatetool.exe" tools for Windows, i have run it with this command in the installation folder (D:\WXP_USR\HLDS) : HldsUpdateTool.exe -command update -game dod -dir .
See "HLDS_folder.jpg" in attachement for the result of installation.

So i have download MM:S and decompress it to obtain "D:\WXP_USR\HLDS\dod\addons\metamod\bin"

After i have generated the VDF file named "metamod.vdf", i store it in "D:\WXP_USR\HLDS\dod\addons".

The VDF file contain :
"Plugin"
{
"file" "../dod/addons/metamod/bin/server"
}

I launch the server with the GUI "hlds.exe" and the paramter describe on "HLDS_exec.jpg" screenshot, and when i use the command "meta version" i obtain nothing.

So i have edit the "liblist.gam" file in the dod folder to change the "gamedll" setting :
#gamedll "dlls\dod.dll"
gamedll "addons\metamod\bin\server.dll"

But when i launch the server with the GUI i obtain this error message (see HLDS_error.jpg) : "Host_Error: Couldn't get DLL API from ".\dod\addons\metamod\bin\server.dll"

I have forgot anything during the installation ?
MM:S only works on Source games, including Day of Defeat: Source (aka DOD:S). For Day of Defeat (non-Source), you need regular MetaMod (and AMXModX instead of SourceMod if you go that route).

If you meant to install the Day of Defeat: Source server, it's named dods, not dod.

Last edited by Powerlord; 09-19-2011 at 17:19.