View Single Post
Scuzzy
Old 01-16-2008 , 15:54   Re: Convert STEAMID to Steam Community ID
Reply With Quote #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee View Post
That administration panel looks pretty impressive. I like the idea of automatically banning previously banned players using a different account. Do you use set_user_info(), IP address or another method?
Thank you. We have a perl process that watches the database and server for bans. It executes the following process once an account has been perm banned:

1) Get all IPs registered for the account, search for all steam-ids associated with that IP.
2) Ban all IDs associated with that IP. Check all IPs for each account banned for additional accounts, repeating the process.

This trees out and finds and removes all associated accounts in a recursive process.

We don't only run this process on accounts that have been banned though. If an account that was previously banned connects to the server we log the "denied" connection and save the IP. We then run that IP through the process above and nuke an previously undected new accounts of the "LLama".

But wait, there's more!

If an unbanned account connects to the server we check the IP of that account against the IPs of all previously banned accounts. If that player is playing from the same IP that a previously banned account has, they're immediately banned as well.

We don't like Llamas. We don't like it when they return. I also hate "cafe" accounts, we have more idiots play from steam cafes then I care to count. Nothing like total inaccountability to make someone as asshat in a server. This pretty much eliminates them.

Scuzzy