View Single Post
SubStream
Veteran Member
Old 03-23-2006 , 19:37  
Reply With Quote #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawk552
You're the first other person to prefix functions with fn other than me.

Anyways, have you tried hooking the commands (I assume stopsound can be an example?) with register_clcmd?

Ex:
Code:
register_clcmd("stopsound","block") //... public fn_block(id)     return PLUGIN_HANDLED
Yes, if you read the first post I state that they can't be hooked like regular commands. I tried every single method I could think of. I spent 3 days straight for 12 hours a day trying to find a way to block those commands. I did absolutely everything I could think of to block them. You can test a script of your own and if you get stopsound or of the other commands I listed blocked let me know; but it will not work by register_clcmd. To make sure it wasn't an error on my end, I replaced stopsound with say, say_team, and other commands and successfully blocked them. I did this to make sure that it was the command that didn't work, and not an error in the code. If you find out how to block those commands let me know. And I use fn because the forum sticky on good programming habits said to look at hungarian page so I did and it made since. After finding out what fn_ meant it is easier to read my own script for me; and I assume it would be easier to read your script as well for me.