View Single Post
OneEyedJacks
Old 07-19-2021 , 07:32   Re: Amxx 1.9+ Opposing Force map vote bug
Reply With Quote #5

This has been bothering me for quite some time now, it is extremely frustrating.

Why do I need to use AMX 1.9 you might ask, if map voting is so important to me why do I not stick with 1.82? First of all, for Opposing Force, very few to no plugins actually work with AMX 1.82 in op4. So I feel like I am forced to use 1.9 to get the server to run how I like it. (gren trails, custom environment, advanced bullet damage etc).

So I have made the decision that I prefer mods over the map voting system, however running a server that has hundreds of maps will require some sort of voting as players may not like the map that is currently being played.

I have tried AMX 1.9 with Mapchooser3, and Mapchooser4. Both seem to have the same issues.

The server cannot seem to recognise the next map, the server itself will follow the mapcycle however I find If I change map from outside of the cycle it, it loses track and it seems to almost fall 1 map behind, or it will always say the next map is one that we have previously played.

If we get to the end of the map and we have a map vote, if all players voted for 1 map, the likelihood of it changing to that map (unless by chance it was next on the mapcycle) is not very likely. It simply does not work.

Another issue that has been around since 1.83 and mapchooser3, is that there is no "mp_chattime", once the map ends, it very quickly switches to the next map so you cannot view your scores, which to me is essential, especially for the very competitive matches.

The only explanation that I have is that the map chooser and the next map are not talking to each other.

I am not 100% certain if this issues exists in HLDM as I have no reason to update to 1.9 on my server, this is purely an issue with AMX 1.9 and opposing force.

So basically everything DJ Earthquake has said, is the same experience that I am having and I would love for this to get fixed.

Last edited by OneEyedJacks; 07-30-2021 at 07:09.