View Single Post
kratoss1812
Old 08-06-2021 , 19:35   Re: SPCode - Fork of SPEdit
Reply With Quote #17

Good work guys. I've been looking for a new code editor / compiler for a few weeks now. I tried VS Code(with different extensions), Sublime text(which ATM just installed), BasicPawn and SPEdit(which I've been using for years), but every editor has something missing.

So here are my ideas for future updates:
- Auto completation for variables(iClient, hArray, hMenu, etc. )
- "Go to definition" function for variables created inside the code(global one expecially)
- The ability to set a main file. For projects that have their sourcecode divided in more files, so while editing a sub-file I don't have to to go the main file to press F6 to compile.
- Auto completation for while, for, if, switch statements.
- Theme teamplates so the community can create themes(colors) based on other editors. I would like to have the colors from Sublime text(JoinedSenses' plugin) but I'm too lazy to actuall edit it by myself
- Auto generated function callbacks(used for when you have to work with lots of Menus and copy-ing the handler callbacks are too time consuming)
- Auto completation for enum structs(created inside or outside the sourcecode).
- The ability to choose if the compiled plugins files are placed in one folder(for every compiled plugin), or in the folder where the source code is. I want this because in WinScp/FileZilla you can just drag & drop the file from the app itself and you don't have to open the folder on your desktop - everything is cleaner when working with multiple plugins/files.

I'm sorry if some of the above are already avalabile. These are just few of the features I would love to see. At the moment this is my favorite editor out of all.

Last edited by kratoss1812; 08-06-2021 at 20:05.