View Single Post
That Annoying Guide
Old 01-06-2021 , 01:44   Re: [TF2] Bling (v1.7 dated 05Jan2021)
Reply With Quote #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by PC Gamer View Post
Updated plugin in original post to version 1.7 which fixed a bug where Heavy would punch while using Saxxy type weapons instead of swinging the weapon.

Note: The weapon randomness needs rework. This will happen soon by either That Annoying Guide or me, whoever fixes the problem first.

Example of problem that I noticed while fixing bug with Heavy's melee weapons:
I spawned 30 times without ever getting a Saxxy type weapon. There are 23 possible Heavy melee weapons according to the wiki. If it were truly random that would mean each listed weapon has a 4.35% chance of being given to the player. However, in this plugin the player has an 87% chance that they will get a Fist weapon (7 in 8 chance). The odds of getting a specific Saxxy weapon like The Ham Shank are less than 1%. The odds of getting any Saxxy weapon are only 10% even though Saxxy weapons represent 47% of all available Heavy melee weapons.

That was a long winded way of saying Saxxy melee weapons (like the frying pan) should be given a near equal chance to spawn if they are nearly 50% of the weapon pool.
I see what you mean by this, but I did it the way I did it as all those saxxy type weapons have the same stats as stock same with the other weapons. Each pool is each different weapon type with stats This does make those saxxy weapons a lot rarer than the others, but since they have the same stats as stock I mixed them in as the same chance. If you want them all to be equal you could just split them up like you had your original version. My problem with that was it makes some weapons almost never show well others that have the same stats will show up all the time. I made the tweak as a personal preference so each of heavys stats based weapons 8 of them being stock running boxing warrior steel eviction holiday and mvm version of running. Each have ddifferent stats so they role the same chance of showing up well things like saxxy weapons have the same stats as stock so they are rolled afterwards.