View Single Post
Black Rose
Veteran Member
Old 08-18-2023 , 11:25   Re: Suggestions for my page
Reply With Quote #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by IC3k1ng View Post
Obviously. GSClient is not supposed to be a virus because is very used by those who doesn't have enough money to buy the game or any form to pay for it, and those russian developers just make game improvements. But there can be someone that can lie with any virus file saying that it's the game client. So, is much better to download from the official page than download it from an unknown user.

It would be considered as a Non-Steam client, but that uses Steam API too (for those who wanna use the client improvements and steam benefits). Also i think that the game is the same in the two versions. The unique difference is that Non-Steam versions are outdated client versions with Protocol 47, and Steam version has the last game version with Protocol 48. So i would use any of the two versions, because the servers that i play on it uses DProto and i don't really use too much the Steam benefits (like friends menu in game).

Note: Down-CS mod versions doesn't contain any cripto-miner as how you say, because it just installs a modified Non-Steam version by then, which replaces some game files to change guns, background menu, player models, map WAD files, and many more. So, im just implementing that modded versions to get auto-installed at that program without needing to install their CS mod version and copying the same game files to the GSClient game files folder/path (same with GSClient and Download-CS modded versions). And about the option to change the game language, i just copy original Steam language files to my program and then implement buttons to change the language to download it and replace it at the game client files. The reason about why i created this program, is because it would be more easy for those who wanna install mods on GSClient. I did this same thing with other program that i made some months ago called "GSCheap", which does the same function than this program, but with the unique difference that it doesn't contain the Resources section. So this program would be considered as a recreation of my old program, with many new features. Cheers.
Thank you for your opinion on security regarding 3rd party software. Sadly it doesn't actually mean anything since you have no clue what you're talking about.

Regarding suggestions. Fix your 404's "web developer".