View Single Post
Powerlord
AlliedModders Donor
Old 08-02-2011 , 14:17   Re: [WIP] Builtin Votes
Reply With Quote #14

@Mr. Zero:
Yeah, sorry, I've had some things come up and I haven't had a chance to do anything more since the weekend.

I got some more work done on Sunday, although most of it was in the "this is why X doesn't work" type, but hasn't actually been changed yet in the code.

I discovered that I stupidly moved the vote tabulation code to the global level (extension.cpp), while they need to actually be at the local level (Votes.cpp). I ultimately discovered this was a problem when I went to fix the code that displays the current vote leader list and realized it can't see the votes from the vote object. Whoops.

I discovered that the SourceMod vote system uses two timers. One is a normal timer that runs for the entire vote time and then ends the vote. The other is a repeating timer that ticks once a second and updates the hint box. I only implemented the latter. I'm not sure if I want to duplicate the two timer system, or just add a counter to count how many times the existing timer has ticked and consider that the vote time.

I think I also want to fix the issue where you can only store what's actually displayed in my menu rather than the data stored for it. There's not reason it can't be done like the existing menu system.

Last edited by Powerlord; 08-02-2011 at 14:40.