View Single Post
Sunyata
Old 04-08-2021 , 06:16   [L4D1 Request] Simple glow effect colour change
Reply With Quote #1

Hello all,

Can anyone help make a plugin to change the L4D1 glow effects colour for picking up items - changing them from their default colour to another colour effect? The plugin needs to work client-side so that all players share the same colour effects from the remote Windows server. I'm looking to change the game's default values as shown in the spoiler here:
Spoiler

I want to CHANGE the highlighted items-at-a-distance to RED, and the pick-up items to GREEN, as shown here:
Spoiler
I did find a L4D1 glow effects plugin at this forum link here. but I couldn't get it to work on my remote server, the plugin is faulty for some unknown reason. I kept getting an error from my server in the client remote console as - "FCVAR_SERVER_CAN_EXECUTE prevented server running command."

But that broken plugin is quite complex for my needs, I only need something simple, just to swap 6 CVAR settings with 2 new colours. My reasoning for the colour change is that RED would be "item CAN'T be picked-up by a player, and GREEN would be 'item CAN be picked-up by player.

Would anyone be able to make a simple plugin for this request?

Sunyata

Last edited by Sunyata; 04-08-2021 at 08:15.