View Single Post
Abaddown
Old 07-25-2010 , 23:12   Re: [L4d2] Jockey racing
Reply With Quote #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleepster99 View Post
I see what you are saying and i did think about (and still may do) implementing a campaign mode, i dont think it would be very complicated altogether.About the bots moving towards the safehouse im not sure that is possible with the AI system, but i definately cant do it myself.
A way around the ai system would be to use
PHP Code:
sm_cvar z_jockey_control_min 0
sm_cvar z_jockey_control_max 0 
This would give the human full control and i could maybe also add the jockey jump(using a human) but tbh if the human is the one making all the movements then i don't think people would enjoy it much, although it would be easier to get players. About the jumping all im using is dietasee's jockey jump plugin, dismount is from thraka's "infected release"
It works with racemod and infected bots if you do some adjustments. The bots will close the door. Racemod will freeze the players on a timer for slow loaders. And AtomicStykers survivor ai trigger fixeswill button push for you. Defining teams you have done well with. And it looks like your scoring system works well too. Teleport is an improvement as well. I left commons and take very light damage so you can get incapped if you don't dismount and let the bot heal. Plus the ai will shoot at you so you have to work at mounting them and other jockeys steering your survivor out of the race. Just a few ideas that can work. I have the survivors as bots and the human players are jockeys.