View Single Post
404UserNotFound
BANNED
Old 02-14-2012 , 12:46   Re: [L4D/L4D2] Character Select Menu (2.5a/b)
Reply With Quote #549

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sev View Post
Here is Rochellecrab's version.

http://forums.alliedmods.net/showpos...&postcount=192

Please note if you want to run a modified version of Versus.

By that I mean Confogl, Metafogl, etc. This Rochellecrab version will conflict with some of those plugins causing them not to work.

By 2.5 I mean the version of this character select plugin.

I've since removed RochelleCrabs version (because I use character select 2.2) and now use an updated version of L4Ddowntown because I run a modified config of Versus but if you don't run a modified Versus or just run vanilla VS or no VS at all. Then don't worry about it.
Yeah....not exactly sure what I'll be running....all I know is it's a L4D2 server. What I want to do, ideally, is run a server that only allows 8 players to be Survivors, so that way there's one player for each Survivor. Everyone else would be the zombies. I think the maxplayers on my server would be set to 24, allowing 8 players as Survivors and 16 players as Zombies. (Would I need some sort of player management plugin to limit Survivors to 8 players and Zombies to 16?)

But if I was to run the plugin for adding the ability to play as the L4D Survivors, in the interest of awesomeness, I'd like the L4D Survivors to use their own voice clips for the various ingame events, which according to what I've read so far, the RochelleCrabs version has coded in already.

Keep in mind, I've never played L4D or L4D2 before, and the only reason I'm starting a L4D2 server is because people on my TF2 server suggested it. I've also never coded anything for L4D/L4D2, and as such, it's like I'm new to the world of coding all over again.