View Single Post
asherkin
SourceMod Developer
Old 12-31-2010 , 01:34   Re: Accelerator - Take back control.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle12 View Post
1.) Is Valve cutout entirely? Couldn't this create some issues? I mean, they don't fix much as it is (if anything) with SRCDS and this would be far more productive. However, they did however get rather upset when people were using their 'special content' in TF2. I wouldn't think they would get worked up about circumventing their extremely poor implementation of breakpad. But then again, who saw them outright removing attachables before they did.
Yes, Valve are cutout entirely, I have semi-plans to automatically forward it to their system (since I store all the incoming info, this is easy) if there are no plugin's functions on the stack. In the end this'll be more useful overall, as Valve are known to ignore any crashes where plugins are involved, but purely SRCDS issues would still make it through.
Depending on bandwidth, may be able to forward all of them on, it's unfortunate this can't be done in-SRCDS though .

Quote:
2.) Are Dumps created locally in the SRCDS directory? If so, are they still stripped?
In Linux, they are saved to the host's tmp directory, yes they are stripped.

Quote:
3.) Will my server not restart until it's finished uploading the coredump? If so, is there any way around this? I'd rather run a Server plugin to outright disable breakpad and run a listener in the background. This way there's no risk of the port being saturated on Limetech and it takes minutes, or even hours to upload an 80mb coredump (just thinking in the grand scheme of things).
The minidumps are about 250KB, they are not traditional core dumps.

Quote:
4.) How on earth do you come up with these awesome ideas?

Quote:
I hope none of these questions were downright moronic D:
Never.