View Single Post
dustinandband
Old 04-15-2018 , 01:22   Re: Banned by CONSOLE SMAC/KAC
Reply With Quote #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by allienaded View Post
0.8.5.2 (which isn't even an official version and is simply 0.8.5.1 with some comments about licensing added) is very outdated and shouldn't be used. This specific false positive you're describing is not the only one 0.8.5.2 has. Even the latest development version (0.8.6.0 b244c49794c6) is quite outdated but as long as you don't use the smac_eyetest module (only incase of CS GO) should still work fine.
Hmm any links to the latest version? Or would you recommend using Kigen's Anti-Cheat in addition to using SMAC?

@ arne1288
I think you missed my point. I myself am about as paranoid about security as one can be - I NEVER download torrents or run untrusted programs, always keep my anti-virus and software / OS updated and even go as far as using a VPN when I play on servers where I don't trust the admins or browsing untrustworthy websites.

Steam workshop mods however are a completely different story. Nothing like an executable file. When you see a mod that looks cool you simply subscribe and don't think twice about the author or how the mod works. Apples and oranges.

I went as far as testing my addon mod on the steam workshop and getting banned from my server group temporarily, as a proof-of-concept that someone could innocently subscribe to an addon and get banned without knowing why.