View Single Post
DJEarthQuake
Veteran Member
Old 03-16-2019 , 17:13   Re: Galileo v5.9.1-925 (a feature rich map voting plugin) | Last Update: 2018-07-16
Reply With Quote #915

Mapchooser4 is what is stable. Since I ditched everything Galileo, both old gals, the wedges and crashes haven't happened since. You changed a lot of stuff. During the course of it, along with the forum comments, you already found a bad spot and posted it. Why not take care of it? Done wasn't a figure of speech I really won't ever load this again.

That superlogger you made, nice file away for later use.

15 people does not make it worse. I mean RTV itself can ruin a good game in general. That is just a feature of plugin. I am not going to divulge into the security depths of user crash knowledge as that becomes Off Topic. Users know what crashes what better than the admins and the authors due to bugs left unreported/written off. RTV in fact is key part for my modified mapchooser4 for Half-Life. What I mean since you believe the old gal is the problem and the site point to it take over the project since Brad is done also is a possibility. But less about us and more on the community is the only reason I communicate here. Why is the original Galileo still allowed/approved with 20 years combined knowledge between the 2 of us alone on this 1 app? There were many questions so I hope this does not lead to further confusion.

Also the message I pasted at bottom of my last post from original Galileo itself states that it crashes in a subtle way. The message is subtle, not the crash. Let's stop giving certain authors the halo effect please and keep good code on the streets. Otherwise the reputation of this site is already very questionable for me with what is approved and what is not from the net result and the endless quotes of my comments without bugs being fixed. When we follow somebody else's footsteps or code be weary of the pot holes and doggy doo doos they leave behind a mentor once taught me.