View Single Post
YamiKaitou
Has a lovely bunch of coconuts
Old 03-15-2014 , 18:28   Re: HLDS-V8: Extending HLDS with V8 JavaScript engine
Reply With Quote #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by deejayy View Post
Besides that, eg. you can't simply concatenate a string (face it, this is a very basic task).
strcat

Quote:
You can't simply use an associated array, you should use Tries instead, which are much complicated (for a very basic task, again).
Associated Arrays are not that big of a deal

Quote:
For extending a HLDS functionality, you have to learn a new language which you can't use anywhere else.
Not really. If you are familiar with C++, you can code Metamod modules. You are not forced to use AMXX to interact with HLDS

Quote:
You can't do clean code in pawn.
I guess that depends on your definition of clean

Quote:
You can't do OOP in pawn.
It was never designed to be OOP, which I personally don't find that big of a deal

Quote:
JavaScript has proven. It is actively developed, standardized and the V8 engine is maintenanced by one of the biggest IT company in the world.
JavaScript is not being developed, it is already developed (the last change to the language was in 2011). The engine that executes the JavaScript is what is being actively developed.

Just compare release times, Pawn's last release date is 2012-06-22, the AMXX compiler uses a 2006 dated version.[/quote]
AMXX uses an old compiler to remain backwards compatible

Quote:
Should i continue?
That is up to you. Do you really think you can support this type of project by yourself?

Quote:
Anyways, i don't want to "rule the world" or something, i just want to use JS for extending HLDS. Since it hasn't done before, i should do it (though i can't code so good in c++, so the first version will be deterrent ).
You sort of need to know C++ if you are expecting to implement a new language that will interact with Metamod

I do not browse the forums regularly anymore. If you need me for anything (asking questions or anything else), then PM me (be descriptive in your PM, message containing only a link to a thread will be ignored).