View Single Post
slmclarengt
Veteran Member
Location: The Cookie Jar... or Pullman, WA (Washington State University)
Old 11-30-2007 , 22:54   New Hard Drive, but old data
Reply With Quote #1

I am in a bit of a problem because I bought a new hard drive (well got it for Christmas from girlfriend) and it's 500GB Western Digital (WD5000AAKS). I had/have two other hard drives (One SATA I 8MB Cache Maxtor 250GB and One IDE Seagate 250GB). I have all my data on my Maxtor drive (both XP Pro 64 and Vista Business 64) with all of my settings/programs/files/etc... now my issue is that I want to get all the same information to my NEW hard drive, but how to do it without getting everything all f**ked up? I tried a really cool program "R-Drive" and actually just about everything worked (The OS/Firefox/etc...) but Steam wouldn't work (What a surprise?!?! :-)) and some other weird crap. So how can I get all my programs/data/etc... to my new hard drive, preferably without having to reload both my OSes independently again :-\, but we can't always get what we want.

Slmclarengt

Come play WC3:FT on BnD Clan Server! You know you want to: Connect to WC3:FT BnD - go ahead click me!