View Single Post
Phil25
AlliedModders Donor
Old 07-22-2018 , 11:55   Compiling for TF2 with orangeboxvalve
Reply With Quote #1

I'm trying to compile VoiceHook2 for TF2.

It compiled with hl2sdk-tf2 successfully. But when I loaded it, it gave me "undefined symbol OnDependenciesDroppedEv".

I see that TF2Items used to use orangeboxvalve before switching to AMBuild. However, there isn't an ob-valve or ep2v in the HL2 SDK mirror branches. I've found hl2sdk-ob-valve here, but the last commit was in 2013 and the GitHub link 404's. The compilation with that hl2sdk-ob-valve fails with this error:
PHP Code:
In file included from ../../../hl2sdk-ob-valve/public/tier1/utlvector.h:23,

from ../../../hl2sdk-ob-valve/public/tier1/convar.h:21,

from ../../../hl2sdk-ob-valve/public/eiface.h:16,

from ../../../mmsource-1.10.6/core/ISmmAPI.h:46,

from ../../../mmsource-1.10.6/core/ISmmPlugin.h:39,

from sdk/smsdk_ext.h:102,

from sdk/smsdk_ext.cpp:34:
../../../
hl2sdk-ob-valve/public/tier1/utlmemory.hIn member function ‘void CUtlMemory<TI>::Swap(CUtlMemory<TI>&):
../../../
hl2sdk-ob-valve/public/tier1/utlmemory.h:350:2errorthere are no arguments to ‘swap’ that depend on a template parameterso a declaration of ‘swap’ must be available [-fpermissive]

swapm_nGrowSizemem.m_nGrowSize );
  ^~~~
../../../
hl2sdk-ob-valve/public/tier1/utlmemory.h:350:2note: (if you use -fpermissive’G++ will accept your codebut allowing the use of an undeclared name is deprecated)
../../../
hl2sdk-ob-valve/public/tier1/utlmemory.h:352:2errorthere are no arguments to ‘swap’ that depend on a template parameterso a declaration of ‘swap’ must be available [-fpermissive]

swapm_nAllocationCountmem.m_nAllocationCount );
  ^~~~
make[1]: *** [Makefile:161Release.orangeboxvalve/sdk/smsdk_ext.oError 1
make
: *** [Makefile:169allError 2 
I'm quite new to extensions and barely know anything about AMBuild, so I can't assess the situation well.

Is it the extension's fault for not working with hl2sdk-tf2 and is using orangeboxvalve outdated? Would building it with AMBuild fix anything?

Last edited by Phil25; 07-23-2018 at 18:21.