View Single Post
FruityGum
Old 08-05-2022 , 18:12   Re: What are the L4D2 Reload Speed Values?
Reply With Quote #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvers View Post
Code:
The key "ReloadDuration" is missing from many weapons, the game uses "2.0" as default value (it seems).
You can time them if you want and report back the correct values.
That's probably what I'll have to end up doing. Confusing enough is how every source I've checked (including the L4D wiki, which has no numbers but ambiguously states certain reloads to be "long" or "short") conflicts with all the others, so I guess I'll need to work it out myself.

From adding a reload speed value of 5 (seconds) to the rifle_desert's file, I know I can "overwrite" the default reload speed. Also turns out that reload animations conform to the weapon's reload length, so I could make it 1 for inhumanly fast reload or 5 to really drag out the animation.

I imagine the best chance I have to figure out the reload speed is to insert a value of my own and appraise it by eye to see if it appears faster or slower than that weapon's vanilla reload speed. I can probably do it with some accuracy up to .5 seconds, but doubt I'll ever figure out of a weapon's actual reload is something like 2.476 or the like. Perhaps the animation files themselves hold the truth to the actual duration, though some of the reload animations already appear slightly slowed/quickened in vanilla L4D2, probably for weapon balance purposes.

For now, all I can give is the ReloadDuration located in the script file for each shotgun, which are the only ones to even list reloads (yet ironically are also the ones you cannot change the reload speed of).