View Single Post
LionCrest
AlliedModders Donor
Old 12-19-2021 , 19:50   Re: [EXTENSION] System2 - Easy to use HTTP(S)/FTP Request API and useful system nativ
Reply With Quote #126

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadianjeff View Post
could you maybe add an example on doing https? for GET/POST etc?

oh also seems to require a version of GLIBC that I dont have

meta load addons/sourcemod/extensions/system2.ext.so
Failed to load plugin addons/sourcemod/extensions/system2.ext.so (bin/libstdc++.so.6: version `GLIBCXX_3.4.20' not found (required by /opt/steam/L4D2_LAST_STAND/left4dead2/addons/sourcemod/extensions/system2.ext.so)).

Though, very inconvenient, this can be fixed manually:

PHP Code:
# Install lib32stdc++6, if your system doesn't have it:
# $ apt-get update && apt-get install lib32stdc++6
mv /<path_to_l4d2_server>/bin/libstdc++.so.6 /<path_to_l4d2server>/bin/libstdc++_old.so.6
mv /<path_to_l4d2_server>/bin/dedicated/libstdc++.so.6 /<path_to_l4d2_server>/bin/dedicated/libstdc++_old.so.6
ln -/usr/lib32/libstdc++.so.6 /<path_to_l4d2server>/bin/libstdc++.so.6
ln -/usr/lib32/libstdc++.so.6 /<path_to_l4d2server>/bin/dedicated/libstdc++.so.6 
I've been running my servers with this for more than a year on Debian 8 and never experienced an issue.

Whenever you validate your server files with SteamCMD (app_update 222860 validate) it will re-download the original bin/lib32stdc++.so.6 and bin/dedicated/lib32stdc++.so.6 files, so you will have to symlink the system version again.

You may try setting file's permissions as read-only (chmod 0444), but i didn't do that, because I don't think that's a very good idea.