View Single Post
xerox8521
Old 07-23-2021 , 14:04   [L4D & L4D2] Spawn Special Infected on Survivor Death
Reply With Quote #1

Found this idea on the L4D2 Steam Forums.

When a survivor dies there is a random chance (60% by default) to spawn a special infected where the survivor has died. This includes tanks and witches (although they have a seperate chance 10% and 5% by default).

If a tank spawns it will be frozen for 2 seconds where it will also be immune to any damage.

Note: This plugin does not check if there is already a tank or witch in play so you might get another tank.

Optionally a special infected may also spawn everytime a survivor becomes incapacitated. (Disabled by default)

This plugin will generate a config file in left4dead2/cfg/sourcemod/SpawnSpecialOnSurvivorDeath.cfg

for L4D1 respecitively in left4dead/cfg/sourcemod/SpawnSpecialOnSurvivorDeath.cfg

CVars:

SSSD_Enabled - Enables (1) / Disables (0) the plugin. Default: 1
SSSD_SpawnChance - Chance that any special infected spawns at the survivors death location. This chance is independent from the tank and witch chance Default: 60.0
SSSD_TankChance - Chance that a tank spawns at the survivors death location. Default: 10.0
SSSD_WitchChance - Chance that a witch spawns at the survivors death location Default: 5.0
SSSD_SpawnIncap - If enabled (1) spawn specials also when the survivor becomes incapacitated. Note that hanging from ledge does not count. Set 0 to disable. Default: 0

Requirements:
This plugin requires Left 4 DHooks Direct to run and compile.

Installation:
Install Left 4 DHooks Direct.
Put the special_survivor.smx into addons/sourcemod/plugins.
Start the server and it should work.

Using "Get Plugin" will fail due to the Left 4 DHooks Direct dependancy. Use the attached smx file.

Credits:
bigGmar - For the idea on the Steam Forums
Silvers - For Left 4 DHooks Direct

Hopefully I didn't forget someone to give credit. Let me know if I did.
Attached Files
File Type: sp Get Plugin or Get Source (special_survivor.sp - 276 views - 6.1 KB)
File Type: smx special_survivor.smx (6.7 KB, 328 views)

Last edited by DarkDeviL; 07-23-2021 at 19:38.