View Single Post
mi123645
Veteran Member
Old 08-12-2009 , 01:59   Re: [L4D] VS Infected Bots (1.7.4)
Reply With Quote #50

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fermortcis View Post
mi123645, great work on cleaning up the code. My server doesn't crash as much as it used to, when I use this with the Missing Survivor's plugin.

I did find one thing annoying though; In your notes, you said in 1.7.0, "Set the number of VS team changes to 99 if its survival or coop, 2 for versus", but I can't find where you did this in the code. It's very annoying, because I like to let my server visitors go spectator and return to survivor to take over a bot if they died. So... I want to edit out the hard limit. Where is the coding that handles the max changes?

I'd rather not see the feature at all in this plugin, because you can manually change the max team switches using the l4d cvar "vs_max_team_switches" in the server config and it works great. But, your plugin is re-writing my "vs_max_team_switches" value to 2 on every map load, instead of what I have it set to.
I removed that code due to the exact reason you stated. I wanted to give customization to server operators, and I felt that it would limit that.

However, that was removed a very long time ago. Are you sure you are using the latest version?

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazydog View Post
Would it be possible to catch when an SI is spawned by the director, block it, and have the plugin spawn it?
Yes...that can work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LTR.2 View Post
the infected spawns too fast with the plugin. there is a way you can fix the infected spawning time? there is no commands like "infected_spawn_min_time" or something like that?
l4d_infectedbots_spawn_time