View Single Post
Sev
Veteran Member
Old 08-12-2018 , 08:16   Re: [L4D2] ABM: A MultiSlots / SuperVersus Alternative (Updated: 11-13-17)
Reply With Quote #416

The most unique thing about this plugin was the ability to have versus coop without the versus gamerules attached. You could essentially have a scenario where the survivors are trying to get to the next map while the human SI are trying to stop them. So its Campaign VS in every sense of the word, not that lame VS Valve ended up with when one team ragequits after the first map and nobody wants to play as survivor. Not to say the rest of it wasn't well thought and customizable, it definitely was. However the main sell for me was Versus Campaign and even that neat fork he made for me a long time back that made human players go SI if they died as survivor, which I no longer have after losing it. The ability to choose where you spawned as a tank in ghost mode was gold as well.

None of the other bot adding plugins did that. Probably because none of the other ones thought that was a feature that was wanted or needed and the focus was primarily about getting extra bots, getting the bugs worked out, more specials, difficulty scale, etc.

Otherwise, Merudo's Superversus has done enough for me on a bot management level.

I look forward to testing a new version of this when that day might come.

Last edited by Sev; 08-12-2018 at 08:24.