View Single Post
grandwazir
Old 02-06-2009 , 15:08   Re: [L4D] HideHUDOnVomit (Blind Luck)
Reply With Quote #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waukeen View Post
Ok question here I have added this to my server and it will not work without sv_cheats being enabled. I would really like to have this working but sv_cheats is a no go on my server as I dont want to tempt people that way. Any suggestions?

I have seen some people got it working without cheats and others havent. Thanks for help.
I think you might be using the old version. The latest version works with sv_cheats off.

What this plugin does is turn clientside sv_cheats on while it hides the HUD. This is necessary as there is no other way to hide the HUD at this time. It turns them off when the HUD is restored. In this brief period of time clients could use activate wireframe rendering etc. What they can not do is use any cheat commands which would otherwise affect the game i.e god mode, noclip, give ammo as the server won't let them.

In short while the HUD is hidden they can use client cheat commands that only affect themselves. All the useful cheat commands will not work because they go through the server first. The window of opportunity of them to exploit this is very small and it probably won't help them anyway when they are being chewed on by zombies.

Last edited by grandwazir; 02-06-2009 at 15:14.