Thread: Module: CS Hack
View Single Post
DS
SourceMod Developer
Old 12-29-2004 , 09:20  
Reply With Quote #25

Another bug has reported by Geesu. When you try to switch to a team from spectator mode in CS 1.6, the server will crash. This is now been fixed. The updated binaries are in the first post of this thread and the updated source is of course in the CVS.

There also now appears to be an issue with running this module on FreeBSD. I believe it is due to the fact that memory maps file that CS Hack looks for, is in a different format than what it was coded for.

However, I will not be fixing this nor any other new bug that crops up. Anyone else is free to fix a bug themselves if they know how. Feel free to use it for any plugin if it's not causing a problem. But I am now no longer supporting this module in any way.

This is because I really want to concentrate on HL2, CS:S, and SourceMod and won't have time to deal with any AMXX related things. A SourceMod version of CS Hack will be made at some point in the future, as well as a more generic module that I am currently calling MemHack. The new module will be much better designed and coded and hopefully be less crash prone. I have already started on the framework for this. This AMXX version was very poorly coded, in my opinion.

I also know that I mentioned that I was writing a document/tutorial on what I had done. But I am no longer going to do that in regards to the AMXX version of this module. When I am done with the version for SourceMod I will be writing the tutorial then in regards to CS:S.

Once again, I just want to say that this module is now more or less just a proof of concept even if it is really badly coded.