View Single Post
psychonic

BAFFLED
Old 04-29-2014 , 13:04   Re: Dota 2 Dedicated Servers
Reply With Quote #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by yoshipower View Post
Hello there, let me introduce myself quickly. I'm a french dota 2 player and I'm having a LAN-party soon with some friends.
Of course, your tutorial to run a DotA 2 dedicated server is the best thing I've ever crossed on the Internet for a while, because I really want to play this game offline with no internet connection !
So, having some troubles I've just registered to this forum. First of all, a big thank you for your work !

So here's my trouble : I have installed the server following the guide step by step, and since i work in ITs I have no real problem to understand what I'm doing.

When I launch the server, it seems to be stable, but when I use the command "map dota", there are some error messages :

I don't know what the path \\scripts\maps\.txt refers to. And why can't i exec server.cfg ?

Thank you for your further help.
If you want it to strictly be a lan server, you will need to add +sv_lan 1 to the launch options.

You can ignore the "\\scripts\maps\.txt" message, and not being able to exec server.cfg is normal if you don't have one (which is fine).