View Single Post
scso1502
Old 07-04-2012 , 22:23   Re: [EXTENSION] cURL & Hash
Reply With Quote #63

Hello folks,

I hate to post requests for help, but I'm researching an issue that has plagued our dedicated server since installing the x86 and x64 MS C++ Packages on my Windows 2008 Dedicated server yester afternoon.

I use the Curl extention because apparently it's needed to run the SourceMod updater. Since I installed the .msi packages yesterday, all the IP addresses on my server have been suffering network timeouts ranging from 1 to 15 second each. The loss spikes occur on one or two of the IP addresses on the box at time, not all of them at once. Literally one game server on one IP will be running fine while another on a different IP will lag out for like 5 seconds or more. Prior to yesterday, the servers were smooth as glass.

Adding the two MS .msi packages listed here is the only thing I'm doing differently than I was before the problems started, so the only thing I can deduce is that by installing them, I have somehow caused the random connectivity loss I'm seeing or some other random problem came up at the exact same time. The datacenter assures me it's not their equipment, but who really knows. I'm not all that sure about it, but since it's only affect a few IPs, I guess I see why they feel that way. One thing I do know is that it's not game server related. I can take all the game servers offline and still see the box lose it's connectivity to me.

If you guys have any clue how this could be related to my issue, would you please let me know? I'd like to uninstall the package for a test but wanted to wait to hear from someone here first.

Thanks very much in advance!
Miek Vail

Lt. Maverick
BOOM! Gaming & Technology Community
www.boomgaming.net