View Single Post
nosoop
Veteran Member
Old 06-03-2020 , 04:51   [TF2] Custom Attributes
Reply With Quote #1

Description:
A new unified API for community-made TF2 attributes.

I started writing this two years ago because I was annoyed by the design of the attribute system in Custom Weapons.

Since then, it was put into production on the CTF2W server, and Karma Charger funded the creation of many of the attributes that he's used in recent videos (which is probably the biggest reason why people care about this; those attributes aren't in CW3 format).

It's still not quite as polished / clean as I'd personally like it to be, but since it's already out here, I might as well throw up a discussion thread for it.

There are adapter plugins that provide integrations with official weapons, Custom Weapons, and Freak Fortress 2 (and due to its flexibility, possibly more in the future!).

Installation:
Grab the core plugin, tf_custom_attributes.smx, from the releases page. The plugin currently also depends on TF2Attributes, so install that too (this links to my version; FlaminSarge's version works just as well solely for core if you have an up-to-date build).

The core plugin does nothing by itself; you'll need another plugin to write attributes to entities (and attribute plugins to read from them, of course).

Refer to this page on Applying Custom Attributes for instructions on how to use it with your choice of plugin.

Looking for attributes to play with? I've created a list of publicly available ones; if you've written any number of them yourself, you're welcome to share them by creating a new discussion for it in the project's Created Attributes catetory, or by replying to this AlliedModders thread.

For developers:
The include file should be easy enough to read. The custom attribute system only works with weapon, cosmetic, and player entities (as the core plugin takes advantage of the game's own attribute system).

There's some more information available in the Creating Custom Attributes page of the project wiki.

Source

Last edited by nosoop; 04-01-2021 at 07:12.