View Single Post
DarkNoghri
Old 01-24-2010 , 20:55   Re: [L4D2] Tank-on-fire Speed Booster
Reply With Quote #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkaP View Post
Love it but I do think that the survivors should be notified that the tank is now faster. To many times will someone cry foul when all of a sudden your on fire tank rakes their team by catching them.
Would you want something that repeated every so often? Or just something that occurs when a tank gets lit up?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Myke View Post
I think I may regretfully have to agree. Server seems to take a hit with this plugin enabled as well.
I think the problem is that I'm hooking player_hurt and doing stuff with it. Even when I'm narrowing it down to only the tank, that event gets fired ALOT when he's on fire. The reason that's even being checked constantly is so that I can tell when a tank gets extinguished, which there's no event for.

At this point, I'm considering trashing the whole thing and just checking every couple of seconds for tanks being on fire. Which should work, it's just there would be a few second delay for changes to take place when ignited/extinguished.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkaP View Post
XD I think on fire witches become faster as well. Might want to fix that I had one bolt at me at lighting speed. I'll try it again see if its faster.

Edit: I haven't seen any problem with this plugin when the tank is on fire or when he is not.

Edit: I think I figured out the witch thing. I threw a moltov at her then shot her with fire bullets. Never seen this happen till I added this plugin.
That's really.... odd. And possibly the kind of thing I was worried about. Not only am I not checking for fire bullets (I forgot they existed), but I'm checking the class of anyone I'm raising the speed on. Which means, if a witch is faster, it has to be a holdover from a speed not being RESET correctly.

I'll take a look again sometime in the next few days. In the meantime, I have homework to do.