View Single Post
Bittersweet
Veteran Member
Old 08-03-2016 , 16:23   Re: [UMC3] Ultimate Mapchooser 3.4.5 (Updated 10/7/2012)
Reply With Quote #4665

Quote:
Originally Posted by 343N View Post
so okay, I've compiled the latest version of everything (sans umc-core) and am using 3.4.6b's core with the other brand new plugins and it seems to work fine, however, every map change/vote my console is SPAMMED with UMC debug messages, is there anyway to get rid of this, it makes the server log file massive.
You have a few options. First, you want to make sure that your UMC error logging isn't set to verbose, which it isn't by default, so unless you 've changed it sm_umc_logging_verbose should already be set to 0. You can control SM logging options in your core.cfg. You can turn the game logging off with a "log off" in the console or your server.cfg. There's some logging options shown here (just search the page for the word "log"). I'm not sure about the channels, that's something new to me. You might want to play with that and see if you can get UMC to log to a null channel or something.

The last option is to recode and fix the errors. Actually, there is one more option, which I think is the best - leave it. If you aren't running out of disk space and it's not lagging anything, leave the log as it is. The more information, the better, even if it is just error spam that you already know about. You can easily write something, even using a batch file perhaps, to clean that file of all lines containing "UMC" each time you boot and/or at certain time intervals.

My plugins:
[CS:S] BOT Swat | [ANY] CVAR Randomizer | [CS:S] SM CS:S Tag Beta | [CS:S] Bot2Player
Awesome & Crucial plugins by other people:
[CS:S/CS:GO] GunGame | [UMC3] Ultimate Mapchooser | [ANY] Server Crontab | [ANY] SM ForceCamera