View Single Post
Primeas
Old 12-07-2019 , 17:20   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Custom Player Stats v1.4B121
Reply With Quote #1889

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Man View Post
Oh yeah... forgot about GDPR. Thanks anyways for your efforts.

Yes, that's annoying. i worked on the system for 2 months and it worked from php5.6 to 7.3 i was about to release it. I have been legally informed about the new laws in Europe. Even Steam names and Steam ID are personal data. You now need an approval from each player. no logs may be created without the consent. so i had to remove my stats too i had over 3500 player profiles in my database which were without approval. And that will be the new internet standard. The only possibility is to rewrite the plugin that it stores no data until the player has given the consent. But if he gives his permission you have to anonymize the ip address and Steam Name and you are not allowed to use the data anymore like a steam avatar without the permission of Steam (Steamreader) .... You even have to issue the logging of the gameserver files or write it into your data agreement. very crazy many things are no longer possible

There are still these Player Stats from GameMe I'm curious if they close their company