Thread: Tag Mod 2.0
View Single Post
randunel
Old 07-08-2009 , 03:12   Re: Tag Mod 2
Reply With Quote #61

The new plugin looks better (the ghost-like look and feel - tranparency and glitches).
The weapons have no effect on players, that's good.
Getting "IT" under a train or at a corner does not block you anymore, that's good.
Getting "IT" in the air makes you stay in the air, but you can still move a little bit. I see no problem in this.
Retry-ing does not restart the game anymore.
Respawning does not restart the game anymore.
The "IT" person cannot be seen through thin blocks anymore, unless glitched. It's better than the red glow where you could see the red aura through thin walls.

Problem(big): The "IT" person gets blocked instead of "5 seconds immunity" for the former "IT". This arises a new problem: blocking. When someone blocked you with the OLD tagmod, the blocked person would get "IT" then pass it on automatically to the blocker, thus blocking was not a problem. With the new plugin (v2.0), blocking is a huge problem, since the new "IT" does not pass it on to the blocker.

Problem(small): Still no scoring

Later edit: some of the players in my community were asking if it were possible to have a "team tag mod" - regular tag Is it possible? Like T vs CT? Or so? Eg: if T's had and "IT" person, the teammates would block the CT's so that a CT would get tagged. And so on. But so far, this regular tag (normal tag) rules in my personal opinion

Last edited by randunel; 07-08-2009 at 19:04.