View Single Post
BeepIsla
Old 04-09-2020 , 01:19   Re: [ANY] SteamWorks
Reply With Quote #752

Quote:
Originally Posted by KyleS View Post
I guess launch Steam? no idea, the retail setup in that camp has never been good.
I looked around and the only version identifier I could find was using NetHook2 on my SteamCMD on Windows: client_package_version 1585328668. CSGO/TF2 don't seem to transmit their Steam version anywhere so I can't check it, at least I don't know how.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KyleS View Post
That's great and all but you're not really testing what's up. What happens when you call SteamWorks_SendMessageToGC? If you get k_EGCResultNotLoggedOn that may mean the factory isn't available.
"SteamWorks_SendMessageToGC" returns "k_EGCResultOK" for both games on both systems.

A small correction as well: CSGO behaves the same way TF2 does but only if the server is not hibernating. If the CSGO server is hibernating none of the forwards work, this is why I thought it wasn't working.

Both games now repeatedly send out a GC Hello message but Steam's response never reaches the server, it does get logged in "SteamWorks_GCMsgAvailable" though. So I assume "SteamWorks_GCRetrieveMessage" is swallowing the response somewhere.