View Single Post
fysiks
Veteran Member
Old 07-20-2022 , 23:08   Re: Deagles' Map Manager v3.25Beta
Reply With Quote #264

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infamanious View Post
After removing the mapcycles.txt file the lag or hang is still the same. With the plugin disable the server loads buttery smooth and with galileo it loads smooth as well aside for the crashes. Still working on the culprit with that one and doing more testing with the gal_pagination setting.
I took some time to refactor how it was loading the map files to see if that makes a difference. I removed several loops including nested loops that would definitely cause a larger than 1-to-1 increase in processor time as the map list gets longer. This removes allmaps.txt entirely (there were some scenarios where it might be used). Maps that you can nominate are loaded from the file set as the mapcyclefile and maps to fill the voting slots when less than 5 maps are nominated are loaded from mapchoice.ini.

The nested loops were primarily checking for duplicate map names in the files so I'd recommend that you don't duplicate map names in the files (though I doubt it would affect anything). Also, make sure that both files have have at least like ~20 maps.

Let me know how it works out.
Attached Files
File Type: sma Get Plugin or Get Source (deagsmapmanager.sma - 109 views - 110.9 KB)

Last edited by fysiks; 07-20-2022 at 23:09.