View Single Post
XE_ManUp
Old 06-07-2005 , 14:22   XE_Player_Bank with Mani's WAR MODE
Reply With Quote #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by DieNackteKanone
does the plugin still work, when war mode is activated? or do i have just to put allo_give_command 0 into my war.cfg's?
Well...I've never had any experience with Mani's "War Mode" up until just a few moments ago when I read your post! It seems to completely disable the functionality of the ma_givecash/ma_takecash command (which is what is used to "pay" the players). Unless there is a way that I have not discovered to re-enable the functionality of the ma_givecash/ma_takecash commands during war mode, then it can't be used for war mode.

It seems that the purpose of Mani's "War Mode" is to disable the functionality of any mani command that should not be used for clan matches. I could be wrong, but it makes sense to enable war mode during clan matches so that the admin can not give extra money, health, etc. to his/her teammates during the match therefore giving the admin's team the advantage.

The workaround is to NOT USE mani as the payment method when war mode is enabled. If you have NemoD or BeetlesMod on your server, just use one of those 2 in order to allow the payment system to work. Mani's War Mode only seems to disable his own commands, not that of other admin mods.

I hope this answered your question!!!

(I have added this to the main documentation up above under the section "Special Note.")

DieNackteKanone, if you DO NOT want someone to be able to use the give command, then type the following in the server console prior to each map or add this line to your "war.cfg":

Code:
es_xsetinfo allow_give_command 0
This is only if the allow_give_command variable is set to "1" in the admin_settings.cfg. The server will automatically change this back on each new map, so you will have to make sure that you run the above code at the beginning of each new map (which I assume that the "war.cfg" will be run each new map until the match is over).

I also neglected to update the coding in my round_start.cfg so that if the reminder message is enabled, but the allow_give_command is disabled, the message is still disblayed. This is the code that "should" be in the round_start.cfg.

Code:
if (server_var(allow_give_command) equalto 1) then es_xif (server_var(show_give_msg) equalto 1) then es_msg #green [Notice]: Type GIVE LIMIT in player chat to see the give command restrictions.
If you do not feel like replacing the code above, for add the following to your "war.cfg" as well:

Code:
es_xsetinfo show_give_msg 0