View Single Post
Dragokas
Veteran Member
Old 05-14-2019 , 06:53   Re: [ANY] Disco Mod! *Updated: 2/26/13
Reply With Quote #143

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJPlaya
Either you or me do misunderstand something.
Why should SLAM require that the Players allready have the Files?
SLAM uses the Voicechat to play the Music.
I know that we would need to run an Client on the actual Servers Hardware to make this become real, still its better then letting Players download lots of Files or force them to install shit (an icecast Server would be better anyway).
I'm not competely sure. Did you test it?
Did you see the video by the above link? In that video, sound is already exist on the local PC. I suspect that tool just copy mp3 file from one folder to another (game) folder and create cfg file. That's all. I don't see any IP addresses or so, that could be considered as server-side music.
It doesn't matter what function plugin (or cfg) uses to play local mp3 file, because it is local file. If VoiceChat would have the ability to play music by URL, that would be another case.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJPlaya
Also what is that DiscoMusicHook Tool you are talking about? I havent found something like that on your Profile
That's because I didn't public it officially, it is slightly not finished for other games. It was included in fork few posts ago. Algorithm of that tool: run together with a game, catch the moment when user press menu button in game, download selected music from site, play that music in default or selected Windows player.

Last edited by Dragokas; 05-14-2019 at 06:55.