View Single Post
Powerlord
AlliedModders Donor
Old 05-27-2014 , 14:15   Re: AlliedModders now on GitHub

Quote:
Originally Posted by BAILOPAN View Post
You might want to take a look at checkout-deps.sh from sourcemod/tools. It grabs one copy of the HL2SDK and then clones it locally for each branch. It should result in 400MB of traffic instead of 7GB and around the same space used as before.

I don't understand your other problem since with Mercurial you had to check out multiple repositories to grab release/central versions.
I was under the impression that git pulled down all revisions when you cloned a repo, but apparently it only does that on a --mirror.

Also, checkout_deps doesn't seem to update ambuild if it's out of date, only clone it if it's not installed, then install it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Impact123 View Post
Build tools like jenkins (i'm sure buildbot too) provide a build counter for that, if not, this can easily be done with a little script.
I don't think that this should depend on the used vcs, i mean, it's a build number, not a revision count, thus it should be taken care of by the build system.
This bug has a little bit more info about what bailopan was telling about.
Actually, it isn't the build number, it's the revision number. You can see the actual build number on the waterfall page... but be aware that it's different per-platform.

Last edited by Powerlord; 05-27-2014 at 15:15.