View Single Post
aron9forever
Veteran Member
Old 01-12-2017 , 07:42   Re: [Suggestions] AMXX 1.8.3
Reply With Quote #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Depresie View Post
Let's say i set to the player a custom speed now from the last loaded plugin
After 1 minute i set the player another custom speed from the first loaded plugin
The player's speed will be the one that have been set first, instead of the speed set last time
The player's speed is not something you set "once" and then abandon.
You need to be constantly updating the value as the engine attempts to set the default speed in different scenarios (such as changing weapon).

The behavior you're describing there is fine, nothing wrong with it. I'm assuming you think it's wrong because usually plugins loaded earlier have authority but in this case it's about who sets the speed the last, therefore it's the other way around.(last loaded will always set the speed assuming multiple plugins use Ham_Player_ResetMaxSpeed and none of them SUPERCEDE it).

There should never be a scenario where two plugins are attempting to maintain different speeds in the first place. It's about as stupid as two plugins trying to set weapon models at the same time. Same thing, last loaded plugin will overwrite the model set by the first just as speed is overwritten here.
useless small optimizations
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Rose View Post
On a map that is 512x512x128 units you end up with 3,355,443,200,000 different "positions". To store each one of those positions individually in the variable "user_or" you need 12 terabytes of memory.