View Single Post
GlobalPlague
Old 12-01-2021 , 16:15   How to get Valve Hammer Editor?
Reply With Quote #1

Hello. I want to edit maps and create my own maps for CS 1.6. I need Valve Hammer Editor, but i don't know how to get it. I want to get the official version, instead of a cracked version. I don't want non-official things.

I opened the Steam App, then i clicked on "Tools", i typed "Source SDK" and then clicked on "install". When i opened the Source SDK, i saw the "Hammer" option, but i didn't find anything related to GoldSource, and when i clicked on "Current version", there was only Team Fortress 2 in the menu, and nothing related to CS 1.6, and GoldSource in general.

This is the tutorial i used: https://developer.valvesoftware.com/...etting_Started

I downloaded Source SDK, because someone told me this is how i will get the Valve Hammer Editor for both - Source games and GoldSource games.

I need Valve Hammer Editor for GoldSource, so i can make CS 1.6 maps. Would you explain to me how to get the VHE? Also, i heard that there are .FGD files. Would you explain to me from where to get these files and where to put them?

I know how to set up and configure the VHE in a way to work for GoldSource, but i don't know how to get the program.

Help me, please.

Thanks.