View Single Post
skyjur
Old 04-10-2008 , 06:16   New Semiclip Method
Reply With Quote #1

I have found a very good way of making semiclip (I think it is new). The main idea is to add SOLID_NOT flag for a player on a right moment.

Lets start with the simplest example.
PHP Code:
plugin_init()
{

register_forward(FM_PlayerPreThink"preThink")

register_forward(FM_PlayerPostThink"postThink")
}
public 
preThink(id)
{
      if(
pev(idpev_movetype) == MOVETYPE_NOCLIP) return

set_pev(idpev_solidSOLID_SLIDEBOX)
}
public 
postThink(id)
{
      if(

set_pev(idpev_solidSOLID_NOT)

This little example is good enough for a KZ or Surf server. Player during the Think is SOLID_SLIDEBOX, so it means it will Touch all entities. In the same time all other players are SOLID_NOT, so you will go trough them without a touch.

It works pretty nice on KZ servers. Even better than the old way. It is ~5 lines of code and you don't have to worry about trigger_teleport and other stuff bicouse everything works fine. All what has left is to add a transparcy rendering.

The dis advanced of this example is that player is SOLID_NOT almost always. So bullets wont touch the player.

The second example is a bit more recourses consuming, compared to the first one. Now I will change every player to SOLID_NOT (accept 1) before a Think, and put things back to normal after Think.
PHP Code:
new maxplayers
new plr_solid[33]

plugin_init()
{

register_forward(FM_PlayerPreThink"preThink")

register_forward(FM_PlayerPostThink"postThink")

maxplayers get_maxplayers()
}
public 
preThink(id)
{
      if(

for(new 
i=1<= maxplayersi++)
      {
            if(!
pev_valid(i) || == id) continue

plr_solid[i] = pev(ipev_solid)

set_pev(ipev_solidSOLID_NOT)
      }
}
public 
postThink(id)
{
      if(

for(new 
i=1<= maxplayersi++)
      {
            if(!
pev_valid(i) || == id) continue

set_pev(ipev_solidplr_solid[i])
      }

This part of code has a 1 big dis advanced. Everything works fine on the server. However client thinks that everyone is SOLID_BBOX. This gives a very uncomfortable effect for a player when he is going trough others. To manage this problem we will have to use FM_AddToFullPack, which is very resources consuming function bicouse it is called very often.

This is all about the main idea. All the rest are enchantments/optimizations.

In the attachment you will find a fully working semiclip plugin for general-cs/hns/kz/surf. Other mods should work well too. Plugin will make your teammates transparent and you will be able to walk thought them without a touch. At the same time opposite team will be solid, you will be able to shoot them. (note that you should use mp_friendlyfire 0 with this plugin or else you can hurt your team)
Attached Files
File Type: sma Get Plugin or Get Source (semiclip.sma - 13843 views - 1.5 KB)

Last edited by skyjur; 06-11-2008 at 08:23. Reason: changed SOLID_BBOX to SOLID_SLIDEBOX