View Single Post
MistaGee
Old 06-30-2008 , 04:40   Re: [EXTENSION] DBus Connectivity
Reply With Quote #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLOOR_MASTER View Post
A couple of questions -- will this return data from ServerCommand or is that one-way only? I'm most interested in getting the results of "stats" back for monitoring purposes.
In the moment, I don't return a command's output because I don't know how to retrieve it Once I find that out I'd be happy to include this function, as I need it myself from time to time...

Btw, if there is a way to get that data directly, I'd include a function in the interface for that to make command parsing obsolete, as that is what this extension was made for in the first place.

Quote:
I'm not familiar with DBus - it looks like communication is restricted to processes on the same machine? (you can't connect remotely?)
As far as I know, D-Bus is designed to allow remote connections, but I have not yet used them, so I can't really tell you how that works...

Quote:
Is the connection name not being configurable a technical limit or would it be possible to make it configurable (I have multiple servers running on the same machine)?
The reason for that was pure laziness - I need to implement reading KeyValues first, which I have not done yet. I myself have a couple of srcds running on the same host, so this has a high priority for me.

Greetz

Last edited by MistaGee; 06-30-2008 at 04:55.
Send a message via ICQ to MistaGee