Thread: Weapon ideas
View Single Post
jouva
Old 10-27-2011 , 13:39   Weapon ideas
Reply With Quote #1

Well now that this has its own dedicated forum, I figured maybe it's time to start a topic that's related but best suited for its own thread: weapon ideas.

I'm sure many of us have made our own weapons to some capacity or had ideas for attributes to apply. Share your ideas or creations here!

I'd suggest being more creative than blown out of proportion. For example, taking a gun and simply adding a ton of bullets, damage, resistance and shooting speed is fun for the owner, but it's very passe. Be creative in ideas. Be balanced or even silly. For example:
  • A knife with an unused but coded attribute "disguise speed penalty" (attribute 157) set to around -2 or -3 actually reduces the disguise speed to be instant. Then make a script to use the disguise and wait commands to flip through all 9 classes in front of an enemy and confuse them!
  • Setting Self damage push force (attribute 58 or 59) on a rocket launcher to a negative number pulls you in when you try to rocket jump. But if you stand beside (not facing) a wall and shoot at it right in front of you, it'll send you flying away from it!
  • A low damage but high fire rate Holy Mackerel can increase the number of hits you can deliver to a player before the HUD counter resets. See how high you can go! I believe I've gone around 60

Last edited by jouva; 10-27-2011 at 13:39.